Edgemate Wood Veneer edgebanding is unique -- because it is manufactured
with Edgemate's engineered hot-press system that laminates the finger
jointed, premium veneer to kraft paper backer.
This unique pressing system allows us to use a thermo acrylic adhesive which "cross links" to provide a superior bond.
The Edgemate resin impregnated backer provides a five point advantage.
1. The backer stabilizes the wood to prevent splitting, tearing, and checking
2. The backer provides a superior bonding surface
3. The backer acts as a barrier between the finishing materials and the glue line.
4. At the finger joint a strong adhesive bond is achieved, eliminating popping of the fingers when the band is bent.
5. The backer provides a cleaner, smoother trim.
Edgemate designed this system to produce a Quality Wood Veneer Edgebanding. This process system is unique in the industry.